by Dr. Aaron Capuano, M.D., F.A.C.S.
Dec. 30, 2016, 11:33 a.m.
Are your papayas too prominent, pendulous and flat out heavy? Breast Reduction surgery is the option that most women in this predicament seek for resolution.
Several common complaints of patients who we find are good candidates for breast reduction surgery are the following:
1. Bra strap shoulder grooving
2. Wearing two bras to accommodate breast size while exercising
3. Not being able to exercise because breasts "get in the way" or "hurt" while exercising
4. Back pain is a daily struggle
5. Infections on the underside of the breast and chest, abdomen areas.
The aforementioned complaints can be severe and cause additional health problems and directly affect ones quality of life. Other common reasons for having your breasts reduced in size is for aesthetic purposes, some women feel their breast size is too large or "unsightly", they may be bothered by one breast being substantially larger than the other and want them to be even.
A common misconception of pendulous breasts that lack volume is that they have to be reduced. If your breasts are getting pulled by gravity post pregnancy and massive weight loss and may be referred to as "flap jacks" then a breast lift may be your best option, in less severe instances we can even use breast implants to accommodate a slightly sagging breast.